Tuesday 31 July 2012

''You mop those courts''


I found myself!



I moved flat today and I'm now in Camden. This afternoon I spent several hours getting pretty lost while trying to find the Amy Winehouse house which, despite the epic detour I made, was actually only at the end of the road that I'm staying on...

I then got my mopping face on and took my first train journey in a long while that didn't involve London Waterloo.

Today I mopped for:

J. Chen (China) vs. P. Wahca (Poland)
T. Baun (Denmark) vs. K. Augustyn (Poland)
J. Ha & MJ. Kim (Kora) vs. Choo & Veeran (Australia)



During this evening's session we also got a fair few interesting shouts... My favourite of these was ''you mop those courts'', which was directed at me. I enjoyed ''get the teachers to fill the empty seats'' slightly less. And I am now going to have a massive rant, so apologies in advance.

Right... I know that it is getting a lot of news coverage, and obviously I can speak only for what I have seen (which is the evening sessions of the badminton) (disclaimer: I am speaking for myself here and not LOCOG), but there are not that many seats which aren't (at some point) occupied!

I am not denying that there are empty seats, because there are, HOWEVER, the half-of-a-stand at the Arena which is, from the start of the session, emptier than the rest, is allocated mainly for the players and officials. And they DO use that area, just at varying times. Last night, after Lee Chong Wei's match I went onto centre court and, from where I was sat, I was struggling to see a row with more than 6 people sat on it (9 if you include the army once they were brought in). But these empty seats were not ones which hadn't been sold: the people who had sat in them had left after the Malaysia match!

In other (minorly seat-related) news... the President of Finland and a Prince from Denmark paid us a visit tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment