Friday 20 July 2012

My ever growing to-do list...











These are just some of the over 80 sculptures of the Olympic mascots, Wenlock and Mandeville, that have been put up around London for the Games. They are near many of the main attractions and, after finding out about them yesterday, they have made my to-do list for the next couple of weeks just 80+ objects longer...

In other news, the Olympic torch is now in the capitol... After abseiling from a helicopter, past Tower Bridge and into the Tower of London! A lot of 19th century workers were also seen in Stratford heading towards the Olympic Stadium this morning... I'm led to believe that this is for rehearsals and is not the result of any sort of bizarre time-machine malfunction.

The Opening Ceremony is a slight sore-spot for me at the moment, as I found out a couple of days ago that I had been offered tickets to the rehearsals as a reward for all of the Games Maker-ing I've been doing. Due to a fail of pretty epic proportions on the part of Family Salisbury,  though, I didn't actually get this email until after the deadline, so, as a result, am not going to see the ''menagerie of animal performers''... (I am here quoting the Daily Mail to make this seem slightly less devastating). I did send a pre-9AM-tiredness-induced cranky email to LOCOG (sorry, Seb Coe) (not-so Olympic fact: my mum was in his maths class at school and he used to run with my uncle), but I've yet to receive a reply, so I'm debating buying myself a cheap ticket to Wicked in the West End for that night instead (I feel that £17 is more socially acceptable than quitting University to fund £2000+ for the Opening Ceremony)... However, on the plus side, I did see today that the Spice Girls have been confirmed for the Closing Ceremony, so I remain to live in hope that Ginger Jenny may get to see Ginger Spice at some point. Assuming, of course, that I check my emails...

No comments:

Post a Comment